iLuaBox provides an intuitive environment to learn, write, and run scripts written in the Lua Programming Language. This is not a stripped down version of Lua, but rather a full-featured implementation that is optimized for iOS 4.2. iLuaBox is a universal application that runs on any iOS 4.2 compatible device.
Lua is a powerful, fast, lightweight, embeddable scripting language. It combines simple procedural syntax with powerful data description constructs based on associative arrays and extensible semantics. Lua has been used in many industrial applications, with an emphasis on embedded systems and games.
- Full-featured Lua programming language
- In App purchases of toolbox expansions
- Built-in Lua reference manual
- Basic library, coroutine library, string manipulation, and table manipulation
- Mathematical functions, bitwise operations, debugging, sensors and more
- Side-by-side text user interface for intuitive input and output
- Load, edit, save and print input text
- Save and print output text
- TextExpander enabled
iLua Toolbox (Built-In)
The iLua Toolbox adds several utility functions for controlling iLuaBox core behavior such as screen mode, printing to the input screen, and managing the iLuaBox file directory.
SQL Toolbox (In App Purchase)
The SQL Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox for creating, editing and managing databases using the Structured Query Language and the SQLite database engine.
Vox Toolbox (In App Purchase)
The Vox Toolbox adds a set of functions to iLuaBox for synthesizing and playing back speech from text input. Multiple voices can be defined with individual characteristics, and played simultaneously with position and volume control.
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later.
- iLuaBox is a universal application.
- Some functionality may require In-App purchase of specialized toolbox.
- mLuaBox for the Mac will be available later this year from the Mac App Store.